Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Making Jam...



...successfully (a first)


I haven't made really good jam in....well...ever. I did make a plum paste several years ago, but that ended up being thrown away, and I've never even tried making strawberry jam. My past efforts have made me a bit skittish about the possibility of ruining perfectly good fruit, so I was quite tickled that it actually worked!
(amazing what happens when you follow directions :)
It set up well (which I was worried about) AND tastes great (and I don't even like strawberry jam) I even managed to get a discount on the strawberries because they were a day old and getting smushy (perfect for making jam). I ended up with 8 jars of jam and 2 bags of frozen fruit (future smoothies) for $10....yeah!



ps. Happy Earth Day

1 comment:

Julie said...

You? are awesome! :)