Thursday, May 29, 2008

Darn, sometimes I hate the truth.


Found this quote while reading Beach Music...great book by the way... "I had recently become acutely aware that mistranslation, mistakes of emphasis, and inevitability of a flawed interpretation of an experience could lead to an imperfect view of things. "

...so I guess scripture is not the only place to find admonition. My reality is still just my reality and tho I am quite certain it is remarkably close to an honest assessment of fact (and I think the Supreme court would back me up on this :) it remains just one side of the story. Ok, I 'll give you that. And I probably have not made it clear that tho I find it unacceptable to dump ones garbage onto another human being, I do recognize the guilt and torment that this individual must be going thru...I know that their lashing out has much more to do with their own demons than anything I have done. Still hurts, still planning on keeping my distance...but underneath it all, I do empathize.

5 comments:

anonymous48 said...

I like this one.

Steve said...

The actions of the world are governed by perceptions, not reality.

SOH

Steve said...

143

anonymous48 said...

what does 143 mean? is that secret code for something?

Maureen said...

I had to ask too...it stands for I love you (count the letters) probably it's a texting thing tho I can't imagine how Steve would know that since he just learned how to talk on a cell phone....and 143 to you too sweetie!

ps. actually he was testing his new avatar...and it worked!