Friday, May 9, 2008

Self-Pity is not Attractive...


...on me anyway :)


Well, I guess I overreacted (what're the odds?). I talked to the Editor of the newspaper and he said there was a problem with their email and they didn't get my swim meet story till after the printer deadline, so they are going to run the story in next weeks paper. I'll add info from this weekends Division II meet to make it pseudo relevant. I should probably go to the meet to get pics, but it's in Bakersfield and I only go thru Bakersfield on my way to Southern CA...and I avoid that trip as much as possible. Actually, Annie and I are graduation dress shopping tomorrow. Or rather we are shopping for material for her graduation dress. My good friend and fantastic seamstress Nancy, has kindly offered to make my finicky daughter a dress for her 8th grade, 'we don't do hoopla, not a big deal, we actually just expect our kids to make it to High School'...... ceremony and dance. I love watching kids show up to their 8th grade graduation in a Limo....goes right along with my 'trophies to the fifth place team' rant. Geez, is there nothing our kids do today that we don't want in the Who's Who...great job emptying the dishwasher....give that kid a medal!

Is is just me or am I beginning to sound like a crotchety old man? ....eek!

3 comments:

Nancy Winningham said...

I'm right there with you, girlfriend. Fortunately, I seem to be running into more and more people (funny, most of them are professionals) who feel the same way. Is it just Exeter?

it wasn't me said...

"Geez, is there nothing our kids do today that we don't want in the Who's Who...great job emptying the dishwasher....give that kid a medal!"

Bahahaha

These are the kinds of observations that make you a 'must read'.

Deene Souza Photography said...

Hey Meg . . . I've got an 8th grader graduating too! Although mine's a boy. I'll post pics of him soon . . . in honor of the much hyped graduation! My favorite part of graduation is watching the girls try to walk across a stage with 10 inch heels on! HILARIOUS!