Tuesday, December 18, 2007

I love these things...


...got this email questionaire from a friend....


1.Tree – real or artificial? Artificial, tho I love the smell of a real tree I just hate that it dies (not a big fan of getting flowers for the same reason).


2. Egg nog or Hot chocolate? Coffee…I don’t drink anything with the word ‘nog’ in it’s name (or eat anything with the word ‘whiz’ in it).


3. When do you put Christmas tree up? Usually we wait till after the 1st because it's Brad's birthday and we don’t want to interfere with his day.


4. When do you take it down? Some years we put up all red decorations on it after Christmas and call it a Valentines tree (so that’d be around February).


5. Colored lights or white on house? Every color of the rainbow….last year we found purple…cool!


6. Do you have a Nativity set? We have a collection…is that sacrilegious?


7. Favorite gift as a child? Barbie Dream House….ok, so it was a Train set, what of it?


8. Worst Christmas gift? Don’t make me choose.


9. Best Christmas story? The year my oldest sister (she hates when I call her that) went downstairs (at 4am) and un-wrapped ALL the gifts (there were 7 of us kids) and then re-wrapped them. As I was coming down the stairs she proceeded to list my entire gift inventory.... when I went back upstairs crying to my parents about it, I got in trouble for waking them up…… (sometimes it DOES matter who started it).

10. Christmas nightmare? See above.


11. Favorite Christmas movie? White Christmas (except for the choreography number, we fast forward thru that!).


12. Ever recycled a gift? Of course, it’s called re-gifting, and it’s a lovely tradition.


13. Favorite food during the holidays? Pumpkin Pie.


14. Favorite Christmas song? Pretty much all of them, but fav would probably be…’Mary, did you know’.


15. Open gifts Christmas Eve or morning? When I was a kid we always got to open our gifts from Grandparents on Christmas Eve (usually pjs. which we then wore to bed) so I do the same with my kids. If Grandma is in town, the family comes over and we exchange family gifts after a big dinner. I love the food part and the getting together part the most. We also traditionally give the kids books on Christmas Eve because they kinda get overlooked amidst all the hoopla in the morning.


16. Like snow?...can you ice skate? Love snow, from the comfort of a warm house, lit fireplace and good movie on TV….it makes for a very nice backdrop. And if clinging to the wall as I stumble around a rink counts...why yes, I can ice skate.


17. When did you learn the truth about Santa? You know I always just assumed it was a ‘hoax’ we older kids fabricated for the younger ones entertainment. I really don’t remember ever believing in Santa…


18. Favorite Holiday dessert? Pumpkin Pie…didn’t we go over this?


19. Candy canes, yuk or yummy? I love candy canes…all year.


20. Best part about Christmas? You know, it really is about family and celebrating the birth of Christ. Linus does a great job of imparting to us the true meaning of Christmas...when I'm stressed about how little we can afford in the way of gifts this year, I need that little reminder.

2 comments:

Cindy Shaver said...

Great post. Loved getting the personal insight. Mary Did You Know is such an awesome song. It is so awesome to think of Mary holding God, our Savior!

Tesa said...

Love the tree Meg and I too love that song :) I hope you have a Merry Christmas gurl! ENJOY!