Thursday, June 28, 2007

For Sale




My daughter is in a constant state of wanting to move...hates our house (which we love) and is always on the lookout for something newer, bigger, better....different. Anyway, driving by this older home the other day and of course she wants to get the info sheet. So I stopped (to her suprise) and told her that we might just go look at it. I'm not in any way looking to move, but you never know, if we saw a really great house we might be tempted. She can't quite believe I'm serious and because she is leaving for dance camp the next day, she won't even be able to go with us to look (not sure why but I feel the need to go right away just in case it gets sold quickly and we can't go later) So on Monday, we call our good friend who is a realtor and off we go.






It really is a cute house, just outside of town on half an acre...2 bathrooms (heaven to us - 6 people sharing 1 bath) neat covered front porch, and the kitchen has been updated.







I love the lot, nice big trees, covered patio, shop, and a horseshoe pit which Luis and Wils put to immediate use.






















But...the ceilings are lower than our 9 footers (which makes it feel smaller) there is no dining room, the fridge sits in the attatched laundry room because the kitchen is too small to accomodate it, and the floors seem to be a bit 'bouncy' in areas (not a good sign). It would be a wonderful starter home if we were 20yrs. younger and wanted a 'project'. But our house is almost finished....we are in the process of turning the shop into a studio apt. for our boys (with it's own bathroom!) and we put in all new floors last year as well as the solar. Plus, my husband and I LOVE being a block from downtown. It is so neat to be able to walk downtown to the cafe or the bookstore...I would SO miss that.



































Now I'd like to take Annie back to see it, even tho we really don't want to buy it. I think maybe she should see it, maybe (and I'm not holding my breath) she'll come back with an appreciation of what she has. She may not want to admit it, but we have a pretty cool HOME...


...and here's one I took today (in way too much sun) of our Home Sweet Home...



6 comments:

it wasn't me said...

I love your house Maureen!

Sure, new things always seem better at first, but they get old, and the novelty wears off.

Yeah...maybe it's all about appreciating, and being thankful for what you have. Life lessons...

Maureen said...

Thanks Julie, I do too!

Did you notice the Christmas lights still up around the front windows?..maybe we'll just leave them up till Dec.- save ourselves some work.

Nancy Winningham said...

Yes, mine always wanted a bigger house, newer, bigger, etc. etc. Now, when we talk about selling the house they're like, "You CAN'T do that! This is our home!" even though they won't be here much longersme

Maureen said...

Ah yes, the grass is always greener isn't it? Maybe it's a good lesson for all of us, I'm happy with my home and for the most part stuff doesn't hold much interest to me (unless it's camera stuff!) but I seem to be in a constant state of 'I'll be happier if/when'...so maybe she's not so different from me after all. My prayer is to find contentment, daily.

Maureen said...

testing

Tesa said...

Your house is great, tell you daughter she is gonna hve to wait and buy her own lol :)