Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Annies 'New' Dresser

Though Annie was lobbying hard for a brand-new dresser, our budget (as well as our recycling nature) called for refinishing the one she has been using for the past several years. This once belonged to her Choo Choo Grandma (funny story...tell ya later) and it was in pretty good shape (paint job notwithstanding :)

I hate that I keep forgetting to take before pics of our projects...it's so fun to see the results. This is Annie's dresser with one drawer already painted. I would love to be able to say that I had also already started to take off the handles but they had pretty much fallen off in the past year...sigh.

And speaking of old handles, here's a close-up of what was left on the whitewashed country dresser. Annie picked out these cool, not very photogenic, handles at Lowes. They were indeed Made in China but purchased before our decision to boycott the country.





It's kind of hard to see in the photo, but I thought the dresser looked a bit too country for my very modern daughter so I sanded down the edges of the drawers to give it a softer, more sophisticated look.

Painted it white....my least favorite 'color' but the only one that really works in her room. And I am actually coming to appreciate the neutrality of white and how it makes the other colors stand out more....especially on furniture.

..............Ta Da!!!!

2 comments:

Steve said...

Great post and explanation. Urban Hobos at their best.

SOH

Julie said...

Looks nice! Although, I think I would have enjoyed it au naturale! :)