Friday, January 18, 2008

Another one of Nico...


I think I have had a revelation working on these pics. Nico was such a great kid and I was fortunate enuf to get a chance to photograph him because he was not financially able to hire a photographer to do his senior photos. Since I am new and still just 'practicing' I did them for free and he is allowing me to use them in my portfolio. It was such a great feeling being able to do this for him that I have decided to make it a ministry...I will still need to build a business (must eat!) but in addition to my paying clients I want to be able to offer free sessions to certain kids and photos at cost (most printing is fairly cheap). I'm in a unique position with Steven teaching at the High School; he can scope out the Junior class for victims and we can approach them with the offer of free photos for letting me use them in advertisements etc. The hard part will be narrowing down the pool of deserving applicants...we have a fair number of households in town that qualify for poverty status, kinda sad. My prayer now is that the Lord give us wisdom in choosing students and discretion in approaching them.


But Peter said, I do not possess silver and gold, but what I do have I give to you
Acts, 3:6

1 comment:

Tesa said...

How awesome Meg I would LOVE to do this as well....but that is hard the part who really is in need :) Leave it in Gods hands!