Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Perseverance


I can't believe I forgot to mention in yesterdays rant...the power went out in the middle of the 7hour jewelry shoot....for 2 HOURS! Here's where the ...what more can they do to me?...quote really is appropriate. At first we thought we had blown a fuse, my lights were getting kind of hot...but noooooo, power was down within a 10mile radius (Julie's husband works for the Diablo Canyon Nuclear energy plant, but even her connections didn't help:)

So.... Julie went to get lunch and I took about a 5 minute break before I figured that, not knowing how long this outage would last and really not wanting to spend the night (newspaper photos due in the morning) I needed to keep going. I changed the settings on the camera and took pics by the light from the window....which was inconsistent because it was cloudy outside....yeah, this is fun!

OK, options.... whine (too late, already doing that!) cry (another check) quit (my usual response) or...... I could decide to learn something here....hmmm...novel idea...let's go with that one.

I would do so many things differently next time (and there will be a next time). Different apertures, different shutter speeds, better lighting (looking into umbrellas and diffusers as we speak), better backdrops (bringing my own next time!) and most importantly a better tripod....one that actually stands still! I will be researching studio lighting, scouring jewelry websites, and practicing....ALOT!
I will get good at this....dag nabbit!

And not only this, but we also exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance; and perseverance, proven character; and proven character, hope; and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us.
Romans 3-5

1 comment:

it wasn't me said...

I am so encouraged by your decision to go with option #4: "I could decide to learn something here".

I love the flow of this entry Maureen, and of course, the fact that you are obviously growing in your gift.

That is one of my favorite scriptures by the way...although I think I've been "stalled" at the tribulation juncture for far too long now. Time to persevere.