Sunday, January 20, 2008

Looking forward to Retirement!



Working people frequently ask retired people what they do to make their days interesting. This is my favorite response...ever....


The other day I went into town to do some shopping. I was only there for about 5 minutes, and when I came out, there was a cop writing out a parking ticket.

I said to him, "Come on, man, how about giving a retired person a break"? He ignored me and continued writing the ticket. I called him a "Nazi."

He glared at me and wrote another ticket for having worn tires. So I called him a "doughnut eating Gestapo." He finished the second ticket and put it on the windshield with the first. Then he wrote a third ticket.

This went on for about 20 minutes. The more I abused him the more tickets he wrote. Personally, I didn't care. I came downtown on the bus, and the car that he was putting the tickets on had a bumper sticker that said, "Hillary in '08."

I try to have a little fun each day now that I'm retired. It's important to my health.

3 comments:

Tesa said...

HAHA love that Meg :)

Steve said...

Have you seen the t shirts that say,"Old Guys Rule?" It's only partly true.
Old Guys with Smarts Rule!

Haven't you heard, Old men and guile beat young men and quickness everytime.

SOH

Nancy Winningham said...

love it, love it!

Lunch tomorrow? Email me or call my cell.