Friday, February 29, 2008

A story....

...any mother can relate to.


A Cup of Tea


One day my mother was out and my dad was in charge.
I was maybe 1 and a half years old. Someone had
given me a little 'tea set' as a gift and it was one
of my favorite toys.

Daddy was in the living room...
engrossed in the evening news and my brother was
playing nearby in the living room when I brought
Daddy a little cup of 'tea,' which was just water.

After several cups of tea and lots of praise for
such yummy tea, my Mom came home. My Dad made her
wait in the living room to watch me bring him a cup
of tea, because it was 'just the cutest thing!!'

My mom waited, and sure enough, here I come down the
hall with a cup of tea for Daddy and she watches him
drink it up, then says, 'Did it ever occur to you
that the only place that baby can reach to get water
is the toilet??'



...tee hee

2 comments:

it wasn't me said...

I once drank water from the cat's cup.

actually, that's a lie, I've done it several times.

Nancy Winningham said...

OMG!! too funny. And I guess I drank from the cat's cup almost every day when we had Tobey, because he always drank out of mine - and I let him!