Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Knitting

Not exactly glamorous but here is the latest from my foray into knitting...dish cloths! I actually started the blue one to use up the last of some yarn that I had, but I've decided that it's a good way to practice knitting stitches.

I would love to make a scarf using the 'raised box stitch' which is in this gold one...

...it's called the 'waffle knit dish rag' and I found it on the wonderful blog Homespun Living.

I also love the pattern in this pink one from How stuff works, tho it's hard to tell in the photo, it has ridges running thru-out the piece. It would make a beautiful sweater. It turns out that practice was pretty much the only thing I got out of the first 2 projects. I didn't read (aka ignored) the part in the instructions about making these out of cotton yarn (the pink is 100% organic cotton) and used synthetic. Fine for scarves, but lousy for something that is supposed to wipe up spills....it tends to just spread stuff around. Turns out synthetics have very poor absorption capability...I will remember that.

5 comments:

Julie said...

Ah...trial and error...the story of my life! I really like the pink one! :)

Mandy said...

very nice ... :)

Tesa said...

Looks great gurl......i tried knitting but its not my thang :( i sucked lol

inadvertent farmer said...

I still use two that I made in highschool...your's are much nicer!!! Kim

Nancy Winningham said...

I have a couple of hand knit dish cloths and I love them. The cotton ones, that is. The acrylic ones are useless.