Saturday, December 12, 2009

Dark Days Week 4 - Lunch


It's been a busy week, everyone has been taking turns being sick so here's a quick post on a quick meal....Broccoli Soup.


I made a roux of flour and local butter, added my canned chicken broth, then in went cooked broccoli and sauteed onion and garlic from the farmers market. Added salt, pepper, local parsley and my dried basil, simmered a few minutes to cook in the flavors. I took out about 3/4 of the soup and puree in food processor before adding back in to pot. We like some chunks.
I didn't even have time to make bread,
but it's at least from a local bakery :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum - you just reminded me that I had frozen some broccoli stalks for soup from last summer. Great idea!

Anonymous said...

Hi Maureen,

Did you happen to make that bread? It looks divine.

Maureen said...

It's our favorite bread from the bakery down the street, wheat walnut....I'm looking for a recipe.

ps. I've used the frozen broccoli also, works just as well.

thanks for stopping by!