Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Scarf is Done...

...Yipee Yahoo! Tho I am sure all you experienced knitters out there will not be sufficiently impressed by my little accomplishment, I am thrilled (so there :)

Steven likes it (so I won't point out all the flaws) and it's the school colors...mostly cause I ran out of blue yarn and had to improvise.

But hey, I got to practice stripes!


Unfortunately, the gold yarn must have been a bit thicker cause it's wider at one end....either that or I started loosening up as I was knitting.....oh well.

I'm already on to another scarf and a pair of fingerless gloves. It's very relaxing and nice to have something to do while we are watching TV; now I don't feel so guilty during House.

...to be continued.

7 comments:

Julie said...

Oh, it looks great! And Steve looks warm and toasty...does the weather out there in sunny CA allow for warm and toasty scarves? :)

Maureen said...

It actually does...for about a week:)

We do get freezing weather off and on during the winter but it's usually interrupted by days like today where it's 70 degrees by noon....so we just wear our scarves in the morning and in the evening!

Kim Safina said...

The Journey Continues ~

Oh Maureen,
The scarf is absolutely perfect! I want one!!!

I truly enjoy reading your blog and look forward to our next visit in person!

You and Your husband will always be part of our lives ~ thank you for all the water polo and swimming and FCA memories!

With "Heaven Bound" blessings,
Kim Safina
http://www.kimsafinathejourneycontinues.blogspot.com

Mandy said...

I love it ... especially the colors .. I tend to stay away knitting strips .. or I do wide ones ... good work!!

Betty said...

Well, I certainly am impressed and love it on Steve. I tried learning when we were stationed in New York. I ran out of yarn so I bought more and it didn't match. So that was the last time I tried! It takes patience (which I guess I don't have). Maybe I could take one to Shasta and show it off.

Mom

Nancy Winningham said...

I'm so wanting some fingerless gloves - but haven't gotten around to making any yet.

Tesa said...

LOL 70 by noon ohhh somehow hmmm Im NOT feeling for you gesh woman! lol

You did great I wish I could knit, I just can't, I tried but Ijust get lost hehe.

Good job gurl but I think us Canadains really need the scarfs :( lol